My second mix in as many weeks, this time just under an hour and a real variety of stuff that I have been listening to recently. Again, I didn’t labour over the track selection – could have really improved a couple of the mixes if I had dug around for the best fit. However, it was 2AM, I had a cold coffee and a burning desire to finish it off.
A few things of note:
1. I’m not a massive fan of the way Abletons draw tool is so square. I’m going to read up on how to quickly do curves – especially when seeing how fun they are to use in After Effects this week.
2. I want to look into how you can re-record levels/EQing on playback, there must be a nice way to do this.
3. I really miss rotary knobs.
4. Must label my tracks correctly when I work, poor workflow equals hours ID’ing tracks later.
1. Hefty Done Me Right – Tad Wily, Jay Shepard
2. Obviously She Is A Whore – Chopstick, Johnjon
3. z. Funk – Gemini
4. Tobago – Jonas Rathsman
5. Members Of The Clap – Soul Clap, Trickski
6. Jack the bass – Snuff Crew
7. CompuRhythm – Dixon, Ian Pooley
8. Alsace & Lorraine (Riperton Remix) – Jimpster
9. Keep on Keepin On (Fritz Zander Drunk Disco Jam) – Chopstick & Johnjon
10. Love teacher – Nicolas Jarr, Ezechiel Pailhes
11. Look Right Through – MK Don’t Talk To Me Dub – Storm Queen
12. DDD – Machinedrum
13. 90’s Prostitution Racket – Gerry Read
14. Sylvester – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
One final thing is how to share/archive sounds. I’m not into the idea of my silly mixes costing my hundreds of pounds a year to host but I love Soundcloud to bits – great support for devices across the board, although I know their SLA is a not aimed at DJ’s. Mixcloud – just road testing it here for the first time and it’s great, however Flash only is poor.