- Content Design
- Service Design
How we explain skills across design teams
Our designers are embedded in agile teams so need to be comfortable working alongside product managers and engineers on their own. They have the support of the design team to develop their skills, sense check approach and collaborate when needed.
They need to…
- plan and facilitate workshops that encourage design thinking, uncover business need, user experience needs and product requirements.
- use and contribute to design frameworks, train others where needed.
- conduct research and partner with researchers.
- document the field of product design
Activities & Deliverables
Presentations Workshops Training Product Documentation Project Planning Ways of Working Kick-off
Design process methods (double diamond, etc) Value proposition (who is it for, their problem, how you help, why you’re unique) Competitive research (tear downs) Customer research User Personas Use Case Library Empathy Map Taxonomy Information Architecture Wireframes Design Sprints Design & Interaction Principles Interface Design Screens Prototypes Video Walk-through Video Explainer Video Product Overview Visual critiques Visual routes Style Boards Key Screen Designs Design assets Design Toolkits Design Systems Native Prototyping Design Handoff Technical Requirements Testing & Validation Usability Testing Data Analysis
Copywriting Brief Writing
Service Journey Maps Service Blueprint Stakeholder Maps Service Safaris Shadowing Customer Journey Maps Contextual Interviews Mobile study/ethnography A day in the life Expectation map Personas Idea generation Storyboards Service Prototypes Customer Lifecycle Business Model Canvas
Trend Reports Insight Report User Testing User Interviews Competitor Analysis Desk Research
- Entry Level programme planning
- Platform academy known to grads
- PD team zine, celebrate work/people/milestones
- Defining and socialising the design lead role expectations
- Have a site better than design.airbnb.com
- Custom internal webapp/site for design tooling
- Write PD team blog articles
- Bring in external speakers about platform design
- Team safaris when covid is wrapped – visit inspo stuff, learn
- Socialising the platform design strategy