In 2018 I put together a PechaKucha talk at NET-A-PORTER. I wanted to share my interest for music with the team and a journey down YouTube had led me to some pretty interesting stuff about this drum machine.
For a while I’d wanted to make a video version of the talk, below is a very rough first edit of that I’ve put together.
My editing skills need to come a long way to meet what I imagine this could be in my mind. I guess part of the creative process is learning to let go of the imagined quality level and putting your idea out, standing back and taking a breath.
Checklist for future edits
- Add intro and ending, explain what a PechaKucha is
- Link in all references and further reading
- Create my own sound bed for voice over sections
- Try swapping sound bed for music samples at lower volumes
- Edit script to fit a regular pace for each slide
- Move project from Screenflow to Adobe Premiere
- Improve visual transitions and timeline
- Research how to use samples in work for full referencing